Wednesday, December 29, 2010

21 Days closer to Christ

Aaron gave me a book called "21 Days closer to Christ" (written by Emily Freeman) over a year ago, and I started in all gung-ho and dropped off at about day 7. As we are rapidly approaching the new year, I have been thinking about new years resolutions and what I want to do to improve this next year.

Basic goals:
1. Attend the temple more often. At least quarterly.
2. FHE lesson with the girls weekly rather than monthly.
3. Write in my journal more often. At least monthly, hopefully at least weekly.
4. Finish the questions for descendants project I started with Grandma Kimball and Grandpa Trost and Grandpa Kimball and so on....

5. COMPLETE THE 21 DAYS CLOSER TO CHRIST challenge.

I plan on blogging about the challenge so anyone who reads my blog can also participate in the challenge.

So today's scriptures for the challenge are: Mark 1:16-18 and John 1:38-39.

The challenge is:
1. Determine what fills your nets. Are everyday challenges such as time constraints, demands from work or home, or feelings of inadequacy or fear holding you back from developing a relationship with Christ?

2. Today try to listen for the quiet invitations from the Lord to come and see.

1 comment:

Tara said...

That sounds like a great idea Aileen! I'll do it with you. Thanks for the inspiration!